[viddler id-13d4bb1e h-337 w-525]
Featured Made Fit TV Viewer Blog of the Week: www.AustinPhysicalEducation.com by Larry A. from Maryland
Packing on a few pounds is not the best thing for our overall health and fitness. But if those pounds are tacked on externally through equipment… no you’re talking!
Adding weight to your workouts through a weight vest is a sure fire way to increase the intensity of your workout plan and push you out of a results plateau. Plus, it’s a great method to improve your vertical leaps, jumps, and power.
In this week’s episode of Made Fit TV, I show you ways you can use a weighted vest using my favorite kind from HyperWear, a company featured on “As Seen on MFTV.” I show you how to use The Hyper Vest Pro with plyometrics and resistance training and why this method of training may be just what your body needs!
Try this workout with your weighted vest…
- Perform 8 to 12 repetitions of vertical jumps or box jumps
- Rest 60 seconds to 90 seconds before performing the next set
- Perform two more sets, resting in between sets
- Now, take the vest off and perform three more sets without the vest
- Try to beat your maximum amount of reps each set than you performed with the vest